Wednesday 18 February 2015

Lesson Round Up


I have been neglecting this blog so I decided it's best to round up what I've been up to as succinct as possible.

This post is mostly a quick update on the lessons in the maya and green rooms.

With Malcom we were taught how to create a 360 photo reference of a room and how to apply it in nuke or after effects, so to include a 3D object within the scene. It was a useful thing to learn for the future if I ever was on a live action project, though I can see it's usefulness in animated film as well. Though in our next lesson with Malcom which is going to be an after effects advanced lesson, I may ask how to apply the skills from last time and apply it with an animated feature.

Then with Sean we have been focusing on animation lessons. The first one being the bouncing ball (of course)





Along with the basic animation and keying we learned how to put the graph editor to best use, then how to apply squash and stretch to our ball. Which is going to be very useful for me as we go ahead with our animation in the going live project, as I am doing the walk cycles for two of the goats and I think applying the squash and stretch will add a lot to the sequences. 




Then the next week we did a walk and run cycle which was a lot of fun and very useful. I found I still had a slight robotic like jerkiness even with adjustments in the graph editor. Though with practise I think I can get a hang of it. 








But now that I have done it I feel more comfortable with animating in 3D but I know I will need a lot of practise before the year is over. 




No comments:

Post a Comment