Sunday 7 December 2014

Final Push

Forgive my pause in posts. I have almost completed my 3D model and am in the middle of finishing an up to date turn around animation for my final 2D design.

In the last moments of my modelling I had some troubles with the rigging first with my attempts of IK and FK handle methods for the arms. In the end it was suggested as my model wasn't going to be used for animation I should stick to simple rotation handles to pose the character.




After fixing problems and binding my character I had to shift the knee controllers, as Sean said some of the deformations I was getting after the bind, was because the knee controllers were effecting the mesh by being too close. 


Then came time to pose, weight paint and prepare the model for render. Again some problems came up that were mostly caused by my lack of forethought. I will have to keep note to arrange the modelling process more logically so not to have the same problems in the future. I had attempted to use blender shapes for the face, but after breaking my skeleton I was unable to use blend shapes with the weight painted model I had just posed. (I should have blended the face first). So I decided to shift the eyes and eyebrows on the model itself, then render the scene. 


Based on the simple textures I decided to go for a simple image render and compile the 3D elements on a painted background, to better imitate the style of my earlier concept pieces.


(Original)


(Redraw)

So now it's just to paint the matte for behind the model and add snow effects, then the model and her scene will be finished. All in all this is the most complicated thing I have done within Maya, so I know each of the processes enough to apply to a new model. I just need to review how to complete an animatable rig which I plan to do during the winter break. 




No comments:

Post a Comment